Long Term Care
Long Term Care is for residents who require medical, personal and social care on a recurring or continuing basis and is often for those with chronic physical or mental conditions. A long term care stay at the hospital is measured in months or years. Services offered to Long Term Care residents at WMC include:
- Registered Nurse on duty 24 hours a day.
- Physician on call 24 hours a day.
- Rehabilitation services, social worker and dietitian services on site. Access to specialty services (orthopedics, podiatrist, rheumatologist,etc...) when providers are in town.
- Professional beautician or barber services (for a fee and with prior arrangements), and daily physical care by Certified Nurse's Assistants.
- Daily activities staff.
- Day Room with powerlift chairs, outdoor deck access, flat screen television, computer terminal, crafts, and other recreational opportunities.
- Room amenities include: local calls, internet access, cable TV with a flat-screen television, and a generous visitation policy.
- Daily home-stye meals tailored to your dietary needs, 24 hour snack service, guest meals (for a small fee, with 2 hours notice).
- Full-service laundry and daily housekeeping.
- Personal assistive devices as needed.
- Free local transportation.